Exploring the Ocean with OOI Data
A collection of laboratory exercises featuring data from the Ocean Observatories Initiative.
Seeking Pilot Testers for Lab Manual v2.0
We are currently recruiting faculty to pilot test an updated version of the Online Lab Manual in Fall 2021.
For more information and to apply, please visit this web page.
This version of the Online Lab Manual (v1.0) was pilot tested during the Fall 2020 semester; the feedback is currently being reviewed and an updated version 2.0 will be published in Summer 2021.
- Lab 1 – Introduction to the Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) – The collection of oceanographic data
- Lab 2 – Building Data Skills – The display of oceanographic data
- Lab 3 – Geology – Plate Tectonics and the Seafloor
- Lab 4 – Geology – Sea Floor Changes in a Volcanically Active Setting
- Lab 5 – Ocean Chemistry – Investigating Density and Stratification in the Ocean
- Lab 6 – Ocean Physics – Waves Generated by Large Storms
- Lab 7 – Primary Production – Identify factors that control Primary Production in the western temperate Atlantic Ocean
- Lab 8 – Anoxic Events – Solve the mystery of the dying crabs
- Lab 1 – Instructor Guide
- Lab 2 – Instructor Guide
- Lab 3 – Instructor Guide
- Lab 4 – Instructor Guide
- Lab 5 – Instructor Guide
- Lab 6 – Instructor Guide
- Lab 7 – Instructor Guide
- Lab 8 – Instructor Guide