We are pleased to offer a $300 stipend for piloting an existing Data Exploration in your classroom. We sincerely hope that you will participate in this effort to engage students with OOI data, while providing the project with valuable feedback.
It’s easy to get started! First, select a Data Exploration to implement and review from our collection.
After implementing the lesson, be prepared to provide feedback on these aspects of implementation:
- information about your course, class size
- amount of time for implementation
- which parts of the Data Exploration you used/found valuable
- engagement and response of students
- success in meeting content and data literacy learning goals
- challenges on part of students and instructor
- suggested revisions
Finally, complete this survey and submit no later than June 30, 2020 (extended deadline).
The project’s external evaluators at Carleton College will administer the survey and have obtained IRB approval. Survey results will be de-identified before being provided to the project team. In order to preserve anonymity, stipends will be issued in aggregates of 5-10; and we will strive to issue them as expeditiously as possible.
Again, we’re very happy that you have joined our OOI Ocean Data Labs community. Please let us know how we can support your efforts to bring OOI data into your courses! And please let us know if you have any questions.